Retreat with Dharma Prana
31st March - 6th April, 2018
Spend your Easter Long Weekend 2018 in the magical island of Langkawi, Malaysia. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, yet just steps away from the azure waters of the Andaman Sea, this stunning beachfront location with take your breath away. We invite you to spend 6 magical days with David and Danielle from @dharmaprana, diving deeper into your yoga practice, whilst immersing yourself in nature’s gifts.
According to folklore, Langkawi’s name came from two Malay words – “˜helang’ (eagle) and “˜kawi’ (reddish brown): Reddish Brown Eagle. The island built a 12 metre tall eagle that stands in the main square and is now the most photographed monument of the island.
With a shoreline fringed with powder-fine sand and swaying coconut trees, this island is sure to impress. Recognised for its excellent diving opportunities, this tropical gem is a treasure trove of exciting discoveries. From the expansive Underwater World to the soaring Langkawi Sky Bridge, a 125 metre-long pedestrian bridge that offers an exhilarating view of Langkawi.
In our time on Langkawi, we will immerse both mind and body in the deep practices of yoga, spend time discovering the magic of the island and feel completely compelled to dance, laugh and sing together. There will also be time for you to bliss out on the beach, catch some tropical rays, take a short cab ride into town to explore/shop or get amongst nature in the ample rainforest walks just a short drive from the hotel.
Our home for the week will have you indulging in luxury, in your own private rainforest chalet, peacefully lulled to sleep by tropical forest sounds and the gentle chorus of the ocean in the distance.
Included in your package:
- 6 nights accommodation
- Breakfasts and dinners every day
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- Sunrise meditations daily
- 2 hour yoga immersion – twice daily (morning and afternoon)
- Langkawi Town Tour – try the local foods, embrace the wildlife, listen to the mystical legends and witness the vibrant culture.
- Island Hopping Tour – dive into the tranquil waters of the Mystical Lake of the Pregnant Maiden, a legend passed down from generations (watch out ladies, rumor has it that the island's lake, shaped like a pregnant woman, brings fertility to the barren!), admire the spectacular sight as the wild eagles soar and feed, and finish your day unwinding amoungst the pristine beaches and lush forest at Pulau Beras Basah
- Silat (Malay martial arts) performance
- Sunset Dinner Cruise – closing ceremony